Last night we made spaghetti squash with a tomato sauce and jalapeño cornbread!
We’ve never made the spaghetti squash before and maybe would do things a little differently next time but it was SO tasty anyways:
- Slice it in half long way
- Scoop out the seeds (just like a pumpkin!)
- Drizzle in olive oil and spices (I made a rub with oil, garlic salt and black pepper)
- Bake cut side down on some parchment paper at 375 for about 35-40 minutes
- Remove from oven, fill center with sauce and top with cheese (optional). Pop back in the oven for 15-20 minutes.
- Can of diced tomatoes
- Fresh tomato chunks
- Small can of tomato paste
- 3 cloves of peeled and diced garlic
- Half of a red onion, peeled and diced
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- 3/4 jalapeño with seeds, diced